I really do like journaling and blogging but lately my world is so busy I am lucky if I get one night a week to do something else like sit and write. New goal, write every week no matter what. Now I will see if I can stick to it. Well these past weeks have flown by. The kids are adjusting to school and other activities. Adalie started school last week and she loves it. I have no idea why she is fine with preschool but try to put her in the church nursery she has a mental breakdown!
We had some very bad news last week. Transmission is out in the van. You all know that that is now the 4th transmission that we have had replaced now in our lifetime together. Question, is it the way we drive? Maybe big D should take some auto mechanic's training and save us about 2K a year. huh?
We just got back from Colorado for Brody's baptism. It was great fun and wonderful to be with the CO family. We only get to see them on average 2 times a year so this was a nice addition to the norm. Plus T&K came as well as Mom and Dad and J&L, we all stayed at Trav's house so it was like one huge party, esp for the kids. Brody was so cute and asked if I would speak on the big day. I accepted and was honored but I hate to speak in public and I'm not going to lie, as stupid as this is I was pretty nervous. There were a lot of people there, not what I was expecting! He wanted a short talk as to "not be boring" so that is what he got and I actually learned a lot as I prepared the talk to it was good for both of us. Thank you Trav and Allison for your absolute wonderful family and hosting us all this past weekend. It was such fun! Flights home were a little bad so we actually got to stay an extra day. Had to get up at 3:30am on Monday morning but it worked out! caffeine helped me actually work at work so thank goodness for that crutch.
Now that we are back I have a million loads of laundry to do and at work, well lets just say I had 68 messages in my inbox on Monday and I have looked at approx 15. I love taking days off work but I pay for it for weeks to come. As I am sitting here I think I am either too tired to think or I really have nothing else to write... brain fry I guess. I did want to write a couple of things the kids have said that I didn't want to forget. I hate that I can't remember as I sit to write them. One thing I do remember is what Lucy told me on our last leg of the trip to Trav's house. We had gotten up early, driven to the Airport, taken the shuttle and rented a car so we were almost there and stopped to get some water. I turned around in the car to talk to the kids and she looked at me and said "mommy you should put more make up on to make yourself look better" I just told her that makeup doesn't cover up sick and tired of traveling with 5 kids, oh and old. J/K I had to give her the speech about how sometimes when we think something that may not be good for the other person to hear it it is just better not to say it. Kids are just so honest and sometimes the truth hurts. I have more kid-isms but alas I have forgotten them in this moment. Hopefully I can remember by the next post. Here are some pics from the CO trip 


That is all we took. Yep... how dissapointing. I would bet that Mom took a lot more... go to her blog to see good shots.
Here are a couple of shots from FHE on Monday. Lucy bruised her tailbone because big D bounced her so high on the tramp that she landed butt on steel. OUCH!


Big D and JD cheesing it up. We were laughing because JD got a little bored up on the shoulders so he got his mouth around some of the gel crusted quaff and he had a look of sheer disgust as well as a body shutter (the aftershock) must have been pretty bad. It was classic!
3 comments:
Such cute pictures!
Hey! I just found your blog! love it. I just wanted to say Hello! I will be adding you to my list. I love seeing all that goes on. I love to blog too.
Man alive this stinks being so far away. Maybe not having a connection is better cuz then I dont get to see what I miss out on. Addie is so stinking cute! Preschool? How the fetch did she grown up so fast? So lets plan a girls trip for the week after Thanksgiving- whatdayathink?
Post a Comment