Monday, November 17, 2008

My monthly entry



So I wasn't kidding. I guess this is all I can fit into my life, once a month. I will try to remember all that has been going on this past month. One thing I can remember is Halloween. It was a great year. It was our first one in this house and we had a blast decorating, the girls even convinced me to get some new decorations, one particular item, a skeleton named bony Jim (as Lucy named him) will always be a favorite to me now, just because the kids played so much with him and they would strike the funniest poses with it. I wouldl hear them all laughing and walk into the room and see that they had him with his legs crossed like a lady and waving, they would all just be giggling at how funny it was. We also had our first experience with Trunk or treat (not sure why this ward does it, because we are all so close in proximity) oh well, the kids were spoiled. Not only did they get a bunch of Candy at my workplace, they got trunk or treat and went trick or treating as well. I was very sick on Halloween but all and all it was a great day. I will try to include pic's if I can find them.











Another thing that was different is that we chopped Addie's hair right off. Aunt Laura volunteered as I was asking what to do with it and it turned out very cute. I do have to admit that right after both Big D and I had some regret, only becasue it was getting pretty long and half of it was very pretty. But now everyday I see her I know it is a huge improvement, she actually looks like she has a hair style, not a half mullet and a just woke up look.



We had a fun dental appointment this month with everyone, which was an adventure, and boy do we get stares wherever we go! I don't get it. Lots of people around here have 5 or more kids, but I guess we are entertaining. Three of the 4 kids that got checked had to have follow up appointments and that was also quite the ordeal. It was good though and the kids just loved the place we took them to, so if anyone needs a referral, I am happy to recommend.



On the down side, we have been experiencing some awful car issues on all cars. The van has an electrical prob so that you are randomly driving and all circuits shut down at random times, the worst we have decided is at night when the headlights just go off. Yeah... good times.



The Lincoln has front suspension problems. Although the lunch group at work think I am a lousy driver, I promise it is the car! The CNG car has a little problem called the CNG part doesn't work. It is one thing after another. We have the worst luck with cars. The worst part is that to get all of it repaired will cost us thousands (plural). We are not sure what to do first.



Big D may have to get a new name here soon. He has lost 12 pounds and counting! He has changed only his diet habits and water habits. He has cut way back on all carbs and is pounding the water down daily. I think he looks great but his goal is 20 more pounds. You go Babe! I am trying to be better but as most women can attest to, the poundage is just harder to loose for whatever reason, but at least I am giving it a good try.




I have officially entered the "worst" season for my job. I can't stand year end. Payroll and Insurance have some time consuming things associated with year end, as well as, holidays bring more chaos with extra stuff for bosses and clients etc.... Oh how I wish this was at a different time, it puts a damper on my holidays. Hopefully I will be able to keep my head above water enough to enjoy a few moments of peace!



Big D has been trying to get more hours at work so he can take off for the holidays. I hope it works, all the holidays fall on his days of work, it would be very sad not to have him around!



Zach is loving having a four wheeler around, they ride it practically everyday, and I am sure the neighbors are annoyed (oh well!) It is cute to see him give everyone rides, it makes him feel like he has something unique, that his sisters don't have, and it is amazing how well they all get a long when he is offing the service.




Lucy is great. I had the opportunity to help out in her classroom for Halloween, it was fun to see her interact with her classmates and it was very funny to see how she was happy I was there but at the same time she didn't want me to show her too much attention. It was probably the way I was dressed, I am sure she was a little embarrassed, as no other mothers were dressed up. I was also able to go with her on a Field trip to see a play put on my Jr. igh students. It was very fun and the play was actually good too. I hope Averie gets into the musical theatre when she gets older. I kept thinking how fun that would be.




Speaking of Averie, she is just so funny. She has taken to being a different character everyday and she tells Addie who she will be that day as well. Often times I will come upon them while Averie is talking in hush tones as Addie is crying (nothing new) only to find out that Addie doesn't like the character that Averie has chosen for her and Averie being so headstrong will not give in. It's mean and she is bossy, I am not sure what to think. I also discovered little hole pricks in my leather bar stools... wonder who could have done that huh? Scratching (and now poking) queen.Can you tell I have had it with her this month? I was able to go to her class as well for Halloween and that was quite fun. She was very happy to have me there so it was good. She was also star student of the week and had a great time creating a poster of herself. Here are some favorites of her little 5 year old mind. Favorite food: Steak and breadsticks (she is so my daughter!). Favorite color: The whole rainbow, Favorite thing to do: Dance and play and roast marshmallows and hotdogs. Favorite book: Princess books , Favorite holiday: Christmas, Favorite pet: Horses what she wants to be when she grows up: She wants to own a pizza factory. Oh yeah. When the teacher asked her why she wanted to own one, she posed the question, is it because you want to make the pizza or eat the pizza. I wish I had film on her at that moment as she swung her hip out and stuck her hand on her hip and answered with the attitude of "duh" she said, "Make the pizza of course!" Her teacher looked at me and said "well then" I just looked at her and smiled. I hope she does own a restraunt when she gets older... esp one that has breadsticks! She is a funny kid.




Addie is just sweet. She is going to nursery by herself with not too much struggle, which is great. She is still loving preschool and has started to play with JD more and more. I love to see the interaction as she tries to control him (as Averie controls her) but because he doesn't get her, he just thinks everything is a game and will laugh when she laughs and if she pushes him, he pushes back, it is kind of funny. She has been loving to draw and at any chance she will do it for quite a while, which is very nice when you need a distraction.



JD has a few new words. He can say Addie (no big surprise) he can say Zach and he has a funny word for button sounds like nubbin. He will try to say things when he is in the mood which is very fun, especially because when he gets close to saying something recognizable all the kids (hanging on every little sound) will laugh and clap which he thinks is hilarious. He will laugh right with them, which makes everyone laugh harder. He is also saying a few cute animal sounds. I like the Nay sound the best as he shakes his voice. Tonight as we were singing for FHE he looked around at us and climbed on the couch and sat by himself (of course) and started yelling at the top of his lungs in a "bee-doo" type sound trying to sing with us. We couldn't finish the song we were all laughing, as his face was turning red from the sheer force he was putting into it. It was very funny



Well that about sums it up for the month. I hope you enjoy the pics.


Not Quite sure why the pose, but I found it entertaining


Kids trying to pose for me, I never did quite get the looks I was going for



Addie was a ballerina


Averie was super girl again this year

Lucy was a little witch


Flapper Girl (Part of a group)


Lucy being crazy witch

The whole Gang from L to R Val, Natalie, Rooney, Me, Amy

At the PMI partyI can't actually find one of only Zach alone! Now that I think back, he would hardly stand still for any pictures, I think he did think he was actually batman.


JD too! I have no clue why we can't get a good shot, the kid is always on the move. I did have his little antenna's on at one point



Here is one of Zach... a better one anyway. He was a cute batman!




The Whole Gang, we went to Mom's after for some pizza, soup and fun!


So here is Addie before the chop. You can see La La in the background scoping out the next move

At this moment she was sad because "I don't have enough hair". It made us all laugh. I will put some better pictures on tomorrow if I think of it, I have a better shots of the end result, where she is happy!

8 comments:

Kimmy said...

I wanna see Addies haircut! Why dont you guys hop on a plane and come visit? Please o please?
I love the costumes-yours especially! Sorry about the car troubles, especially right before the holidays. Thats quite the downer. Give those cute kids some loves from their favorite aunt Kimmy!

Wyatt and Tara said...

Cute! Hey speaking of Halloween pics... do you have last year's?

Natalie said...

I always enjoy your monthly updates! And we know you are not a bad driver too :)

me and him said...

i was just about to let you know your month was up...so i'm glad you're already on top of it! your costumes were great! loved the flapper outfit. and addie's hair looks adorable! way to go Darren! ggees the whole pratt family is getting skinny! sorry bout the cars! that sucks big time! what are you guys doing for thanksgivin'? christmas? hope we get to see ya soon!

Beverly said...

Well, I was about to give up on you writing as well and thought your once a month would turn into every other. I have missed your updates and pictures! Now that I don't get to talk to you or see you much anymore, they are very priceless.

Christie said...

Marcie,
I can't get on your blog...who are you hiding from? Hope it's not me!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Nice pose Darin! Make sure you wash that counter top!

me and him said...

i thought i added you...so sorry! send my your email address (the one you use to sign into your blog!) and i'll add you. maybe i added darren's oops! btw.. how did you get so lucky to be shopping during the family christmas party, and more importantly....WHY wasn't i with you???????

aloha_ms2[at]hotmail[dot]com