Friday, March 20, 2009

Averie

This blog burb is all about my Averie. She turned 6 last week and she has been on my mind lately particularly I have been thinking about the journey we take with each kid, we bring them into this world and how they come with their own set of personality traits and things about them that are so unique.
From a mom's perspective this is what Averie is like at 6 years old. Averie is Social, she loves friends, loves to laugh and play. Wants to please people but definatly within the boundries SHE sets. She does not get really upset quickly but she does have quite a set of pipes and can be heard from a very long distance (thankfully she is usually singing). She loves to dance and sing and doesn't care how many times her siblings tell her how annoying it is. She wants to be part of the action whenever something good is happening, she is right there observing and then participating. SHe brushes her teeth very well and is proud of it. She can eat anyone of my children under the table and sometimes her parents too... She loves comfort,and as soon as she can she will peel off her uncomfortable clothes and put something on that she can just live in, however, she also likes to dress up in uncomfortable things and would play dress up for hours. She can get a little bossy (esp to addie) she loves to make up the game and then get others to follow her lead. Often times you can find her singing and then telling her little sister how to sing with her (which part to sing and what pitch). She loves lip gloss and eyeshadow. She loves to watch how things are done sometimes a little too intensely, she will watch me put on makeup and ask every little question on what things are and what I am doing etc. She also likes to see how my earrings go in and out? She likes to learn but is very impatient with reading and writing. She loves her family and is very concerned with everyones happiness, randomly she will just come up and tell me how much she loves me and then add "I love Grandma too"
I love Averies smile and her spirit. I like how she is obedient and respectful to authority when she needs to be and I love her tender sweet side. I also love her spitfire directness and the fact that somehow she seems to get what she wants. SHe makes me laugh everyday and I am so fortunate to have a daughter like her> I can't help but smile while I think of all the years so far with her and I look forward to the rest of them!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERIE!

I found some pics that Amy took for me on the salon day, I was so happy to have them work that I thought I would put them on.

This past week we have had nothing but party fun for Averie. Seems like she was so excited to have her birthday on a weekday so we had to stretch out the partying from Wed to Sunday. On her actual birthday night she had McDonalds (YUCK!) luckily I had planned ahead and made some crock pot food for the adults. Grandma and Grandpa came over and watched the present unwrapping and joined in all the fun. The next day was more of "whatever Averie wants" so we let her pick her dinner of choice and she didn't have to do chores. Saturday we went swimming and that was very fun, JD is a wild child in the pool, no fear and it scared me to death. He wanted nothing to do with the life jacket we brought so we gave up on that early on. Big D would let him do whatever he wanted and just rescue him when he was near drowning, he said it would toughen him up so I had to walk away... MEN! Zach was absolutely in his element, he had his mask and snorkel and spent 99.5% of his swim time under the water. The girls would go back and forth between the different pools and just had a great time. They were so wiped out by the time we left that they wanted to eat and sleep. They slept in the next morning so we were a little late for church. Sunday we had a yummy dinner and had family over for cake and ice cream. Averies cake of choice seems to always be strawberry and she wanted a "face cake" this year so that is the monstrosity that she got. Thanks to Grandma for the Oreo Ice-cream which is really the purpose of cake and ice-cream (it is so not the cake) It was a good night and the weather was wonderful. Uncle Johnny struck up a game of whiffle ball and I had a great time watching through the window. It was nice to sit and chat with the ladies and hold the littlest member of the family Isabelle. Dad finally go so fed up with the girl talk that he went outside and even ran a little (that was entertaining itself). It was a good week, Averie is sad that it is over and is planning her "party week" for next year.

Other then that life seems to be wonderful. Work is great, Kids are healthy, Big D loves loves loves the weather and because of that the Kids have been outside a lot this week which in turn makes me very happy. I love watching them out my back window while I fix dinner and such... I love my house and yard set up, I just feel so content and very blessed. Life is good!

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I am so happy you updated and just loved reading about Averie. She is a favorite!...and you pegged her so well. I can just visualize her with everything you wrote

Kimmy said...

Sounds like it was a fun birthday week for Aves. We sure love her too!
Now that you guys are having some nice weather I think we will come up there to get out of the heat here!

Unknown said...

Hey guys, its your cousin Jennette. Glad I found you on here! :D