As I was sitting down to
Sunday dinner, I began asking the kids what they learned in Primary. Each kid jumped in with stuff that would be the theme for the class and
Adalie was sitting on her chair talking over everyone, so it was a little difficult to make out but as I tuned in to just her I heard her say "we have to say sorry when we are mean to someone, or if we hurt them or if we make them fall and even if we kill someone we still have to say we are sorry" By the time she was ending with her "lesson" it had gone silent and as the kids looked to me to see my reaction, Big D was already
stifling a laugh. I had to chuckle a little but not too much because she was so serious. Where do 4 year
old's (and an early 4 at that) come up with things like that....
Well I have been feeling very guilty about the blog abandonment lately. Seems I at least wrote once a month to update each kids b-day with the exception of the latest b-day (Addie). But I am going to do it if it kills me tonight.
We have called Adalie Addie Moe from the time she started to grow a "reverse color" Mohawk when she was around 9 months old and it just stuck. Ask her today what her name is and she will tell you "Addie Moe". Addie is such an emotional creature. Maybe it is just the age, but she will cry at the drop of feather. If she gets opposition she will either cry about it, or fight back. When she fights back with her siblings it is physical, when she fights back with Big D or I it is with words, things like, "you don't love me anymore" or "you want to hurt me" etc. Really strange thinking for such a young soul, we are hopeful she will get a little happier in her upcoming year. She loves to tell JD what to do, and most of the time he is happy to do what she says or fight with her, either way it ends in laughing or crying, there is never anything in between. Addie also loves to talk about her imaginary friend, his name is orangie. From what I can gather orangie is a boy who lives just down the street and he likes everything that she likes. He likes to give her little bits of advice periodically, which she will then turn around and give us the same advice and let us know "that is what Orangie told me". He will also know how to do a lot of things, we hear a lot "But that is how Orangie does it". He also does lots of stuff that she she wants to do but has been told no. Like if she wanted to go swimming on a particular day she will tell us matter of fact that "orangie went swimming today" or if the conversation turns to horses, orangie will suddenly have a horse. In the early stages of this imaginary friend I actually thought he was a real neighborhood boy. Being gone during the day I thought it possible that big D may have started a play date or something and when I would talk to Addie about her friend Big D was at work and not able to set me straight. I started asking questions like what house does he live in and she would point down the neighborhood (same house every time) I got a little suspicious when she told me he was over playing one day and I asked Big D, he told me he had no clue what she was talking about, so soon enough I started to get it.... now it is fun to hear all about him, if you get the chance you should ask her about her friend Orangie.
Now that I have waited so long to write about my Addie, I can't actually remember what we did for her birthday. I need to look at some pic's to help me remember

Rainbow Cake


There we go I just remembered, on her actual b-day Big D took the kids up to Nanna's for the day, she spoiled her with food and well "stuff". Then that weekend we had a a few families come over to help us celebrate and she had a wonderful Sunday. We may have gone swimming but I am still not sure (apparently if we did go it was super impressionable). I know that when she got mad and wanted to do a "take away" she used the "well then you can't come to my birthday party". She did this for a good 6 months before her actual birthday but what makes it very sad is that she didn't really have a party to uninvite people to. Here is my Addie Moe at 4
Addie is my only blondie, she loves to cut hair , barbies, dolls, her brothers and especially her own. She has been growing out her bangs since the last incident about a year ago (she especially has hated the bangs she created for herself and has to have them taken out of her eyes each morning before she will even consider having breakfast or doing anything actually. She did just cut her hair again last week. She lied about it as she knew the consequence would not be good. Of course she cut it right in front, as usual. In the mad zone I was in I told her that next time she did it I was going to shave her head... hopefully it will not be a lesson she learns the hard way. I think up to this point I have only shed the light on her negative side (what is wrong with me?) Addie is also very loving girl and really does wants to please people. She will often times just say "mommy...... I love you" or she will squeeze you very hard and say "you are just beautiful". I just asked Adalie if she had seen Orangie lately and she told me that he is on a camp out with his mom and dad (man she can come up with a story fast!). Addie's favorite colors are pink and blue and purple, her favorite food is potatoes and gravy (but only when daddy makes them). Her favorite thing to do is to play with orangie or sSydney and Taylor, luckily Sydney and Taylor are real. Her favorite thing about being four is being tall enough to sneak candy (time to move the candy up one shelve). Her current person that she is planning on marrying is the Jonas Brother and in the words of Averie "looks like someone is crushing" (where do they get this stuff)
Addie loves preschool and loves to be around kids her age, she loves being part of the group. she is also a fighter by nature as most of her life she has had to fight for her own , she is also non flexible when it comes down to what she wants, she is an all or nothing. She thinks about things and she is always stating things matter of fact. Her world just makes sense to her, one of her most common phrases is "you don't even know me" Even with all the sassy-ness we love that little girl! She is usually good for a laugh most everyday without even trying. Happy B-day Adalie! (aka Addie Moe!)
1 comment:
SHOCKER of the DAY- YOU UPDATED! Oh my goodness that Addie-Moe is just too cute! I love the cake you did for her! So perfect for Addie! And Orangie sounds like quite the friend! What a sweet girl that Addie is. So whats going on with the rest of you?
Post a Comment