Thursday, April 28, 2011

I didn't proof this post so please excuse the typo's

Well first of all if all goes as planned today I should have at least an hour (yes an entire hour) to commit to updating this blog. Now before you get all excited just be warned that I have a lot to say and most of it is boring and will not be fun to read so if you want to skip down to the pictures well just know I would do that too :)

I realize now as I look back at old posts that It has been far too long to go without documenting the in's and out's of the pratt family life! I at least tried to write on each b-day to get put down for history's sake the things I love about each child in their current age and I didn't even do that! So let me start there.

First b-day this year was Averie and she turned 8. Out of all my children (so far) Averie has been the most "mature" 8 year old that we have produced. You may be thinking that that can't be true for we did have Lucy. Lucy was mature for an 8 year old and still has "adult" moments but the difference in maturity at the 8 year is that Lucy was trying to be mature and act a certain way as to come across as older. Averie has an old soul, she just understands things that deal with people and feelings and meaning (especially the gospel) in ways that I think are beyond her little 8 year old self. Even when she doesn't have the correct answer on something she understands the concept and grasps the feeling behind it. She strives to be good and she cues into the needs of others and tries so hard to be Christ like. Guaranteed Averie has prayed for each person that will read this blog. She just wants so much for people to be happy (and healthy). Averie is so fun right now, she is fun to talk to and listen to. She tries to be a peacemaker among her siblings and she is a great babysitter. She does not complain when I ask her to help me clean (unless it is the standard- clean your room), she loves to sweep the floors and does a pretty good job. She is still into horses and loves loves loves to be outside. It sometimes amazes me how much energy that girl has! She still has the most ear piercing loud voice that makes us want to cover our ears and run away, but when she sings that girl can really hit a note. Averie loves to be a friend to all and she is a very sweet girl (and still has a little of that drama/saucy self) and I just love her!

















This year for Averie's birthday she only wanted to ride a horse so luckily Margo was willing to let us come over and she was so great with Averie- Averie got to ride a her horse for about an hour. She also let the other kids go on rides as well and somehow also got Mom on a horse and to save face I had to jump on up as well. It really was a memorable experience.




















































































































































































































































































































Afterwards we went to Golden Corral (her choice) with the grandparents. It was very fun but the best part of the evening was when JD eyed a guy that had long dark hair and a matching beard and proclaimed "Mommy I can see Jesus". All I could say is if that guy is Jesus well we are all in a lot of trouble


















(It is the guy standing behind JD... that is "Jesus")































JD just turned 4 this week and he is just a joy. I keep thinking that maybe I feel the way I do about him because he is the baby and that may be true but I just can't seem to get enough of him. His babyness has been replaced with boyhood and I have been mourning that stage of life that I have loved as they all get older but with him being the end I have really been feeling it. I asked Big D the other day if thought I would always want to cuddle with JD or if like the other kids I would grow out of it. He just looked at me like I was pathetic, or I guess it could have been jealousy! Anyway I just can't imagine life without the hugs and kisses and the squishy baby fat! Pretty soon I will be that weird aunt that just wants to pinch my baby nieces and nephews cheeks just to get my baby fix! consider your children warned! JD loves trucks and cars and trains and he loves to play with anyone willing outside. The kid is die hard- it really doesn't matter the bad weather conditions he just loves to be outside on the tramp or swinging or just running around. He doesn't however like to do it alone- he has to be with someone. He loves to make his brother and sisters laugh, he knows when he is getting attention and he will continue to do it long past the time it is funny just to keep the attention. He also just loves his Grandpa aka his "best buddy". The other day JD, Adalie and I we were driving to meet the Grandparents to do some grocery shopping and JD was talking excitedly about seeing his best buddy so Adalie not wanting to be left out told JD that Grandpa was her best buddy too. Well JD didn't think that was right so he told her, "no addie, he is not your best buddy, you have grandma- she is your buddy". He is quite possessive about the title. JD also loves preschool and going places. He hates to be left out and wants to be where the action is. Currently I get to be his primary teacher and I just love watching him interact with the other kids- he really is just a fun kid, but will forever be my baby!













































In other family news we have had a very nice year, I can't believe how fast it has gone by. This week ends April and then before I know it school will be over and summer in full swing. A couple of things that we have done (and some of us have enjoyed) have been. Attending the traditional Flash Game with family and friends and as you can see from the pic's less watching, more messing around happens whenever we go.










































































I have also declared my favorite place to eat (I miss it so much!) is Rubio's specifically their seasonal lobster tacos (sniff sniff....). I haven't been now for over a month!




We got to go to Trav and Allyson's family weekend where Trey was baptised and Luke was blessed, what a neat experience I just love being around them and it was so fun to be around everyone that went. Plus we had quite the experience in the blizzard slushy weather we had a blown tire and Big D and dad had to put on the spare tire that was located under the van, accessed by crawling under the van between the front wheels. I should have taken pictures, they were so dirty by the time it was said and done! I have come to accept that each and every family trip there has to be something- something to look back and either shake my head or laugh.















































































Also in February Mom and I went to Nordie's to get some makeup put on our faces, and of course when you make your annual trip you also spend a fortune... curse you MAC... curse you!

















































The kids had crazy hair day and they always love that. This year Zach has not liked school very much and Lucy has really actually hated it (maybe it is her teacher). Averie loves it and Addie loves it so split down the middle. Next year Lucy will be going to a different school for the ALL program so hopefully she will be stimulated intellectually on her level and actually like school again. Zach will be going into Jr. High and the thought of that scares me to death! I went with him to sign up for classes and it was an eye opening experience and I really wasn't prepared for the Jr. High experience from a parent's perspective. Actually now that I think of it I hated Jr. High when I attended and I now believe I hate it more- sending a child. The kids were loud and obnoxious, the girls looked frightening and too "mature" if you know what I mean and It somehow felt overwhelming... hopefully it was just an off day :) !








Averie was also baptised at the end of March. It was such a great day, I loved having the family in town and I love the people that came to support Averie. Laura and Mary gave such great talks and Averie was so great to be with I just smile when I think about it. She looked forward to it for months and just tries to be the best that she can.







Here are some pic's from the baptism and party
div>
























































































































Addie cut her hair (YES AGAIN) so she got a real cut from Laura... her hair was getting so long and I loved it, now I think she looks too old... cute but too old.








I had the priveldge to go with Lucy on one of her field trips to the dinasour museam at Thanksgiving point.... that was fun (although 4th grade kids smell funny)































Also a highlight of the year and many many years in fact was I went to my first concert. And best thing ever it was my fav BonJovi! I was lucky enough to go with some great friends from work and really had a great time. I did get some beer spilled on me and had to witness a couple of lesbians pda and I got to watch a lady just dance it up the entire concert and she was a blast!it was a great concert and experience!






































More to come... I didn't actually have an hour and I ran out of time :)

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Yeah! Loved reading and the pictures--with a couple of exceptions. Thanks so much for updating!!!

Kristy said...

Love the update Christie! Such wonderful pictures and although we live pretty close, I feel as if I've missed out on a lot lately so love the update! :)