Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Anniversary

Well Yesterday was Big D & my anniversary. 14 years! We put on the cheesy wedding video for the kids and they asked several question about our wedding and commented on how young we looked, the best comment came from Lucy, she said "Look how happy you were before you had kids" I had to explain to her that although her father may have been happier back then I was at least 5 times happier now that I have kids. It was a fun experience to pull out that video and remember back to that great day, and remember how extremely happy and filled with promise we were. Throughout the day we would call each other and remind each other what we were doing 14 years ago at that very time. We were scheduled to be married at 1:40pm but Tom and Grandpa held us up about 20 min so we actually were married at around 2:00pm. Big D sent me a sweet email about how he loves me that much more now (impossible I say) but it did make me happy. I wish I could say we had a glorious anniversary day but it was a pretty typical day all things considered. I didn't cook dinner so that was good.

On another note, the reunion was great, it was nice to see everyone and I love catching up with all of you. I decided I don't like camping even with the luxury of a cabin. We got absolutely no sleep poor Allison and Travis got woken up every hour or so with Addie saying "I want a ba-ba with chocolate milk" or with JD just crying because he was out of his comfort zone. The rest of the time it was good. Great food with Dad's dutch oven cooking, great crafts and the kids had a ball. I loved the paddle boats, it was a nice workout and fun to watch the kids. JD fell asleep and that was good because after the night we had he needed it.
The only bummer was that my cell phone got lost (another one down). I am starting to see a trend here!

We had a great lagoon day before the reunion. I think the cold weather scared a lot of people away but it warmed up by the afternoon (about the time we were arriving thanks to the people who forgot the tickets :) The lines were not bad and the kids had a blast. We had to rig up Averie's hair so that she could ride on the big kid rides so we only had a few rides that she couldn't get on (earlier in the day) Zach was forced to go on wicked which he hated. I thought it was appropriately named.... Averie thought it was awesome! It was fun being with the cousins as well. I hope I will always remember the kids getting off the Rattlesnake Rapids drenched and their little cold faces begging to go again... they were troopers being cold for the rest of the night but we stuck it out until closing. Good times.
Well I would write more but my house is hot and I can't sit here any longer.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Congrats on the big anniversary. I totally cracked up reading Lucys comment. I am glad you had a great time at Lagoon. I hope we dont hit the crowds when we go-only time will tell.