As I write Lucy is looking over my shoulder at the new post we are jointly writing on our Mommy and me work day, For some reason Lucy always wants to come to work with me for her birthday, who could resist... a child that wants to spend time with you! I will take it where I can get it! I have to say that while I love her presence, it is hard to juggle work and a child, most of you know that I feel like my job is a "grown up babysitting job" so when I have a child and other "big children" I am a little more irritable. I have kept her under my desk most of the day but she keeps getting restless! (Just kidding). Actually she has spent a good portion of the day down there because I have a little space heater under the desk that keeps me warm.
Lucy is having a birthday tomorrow (on the first day of summer). These are her last moments of being 6. The following is what Lucy is like at the end of 6...
Lucy is 3ft 11" tall
As I eyeball it she is around45 pounds
Her favorite color is "light blue"
Her favorite dinner is "a milk shake"
Her favorite dessert is"oreo ice cream" which is what we had for lunch... yummy!
She is now a graduate of 1st grade
She has short brown hair (straight in the front and kinky in the back) and currently it has 2 pink streaks in it... punk
Her favorite thing to watch on TV is Sponge Bob
Her favorite candy is crabby patty thingy
She loves gum (I have to keep an extra pack in my purse, or after her pilfering I wouldn't have any)
She loves music (unfortunately I hear country more then any other type piping through the heater vent)
She loves to read
She loves her little brother (and is the best babysitter we have!)
She likes sprite and french fries
She loves friends!
She loves going places with her mom
She loves making experiments with skittles and water and sprite, the yellow ones make a good "lemonade" YUMMMY!
She likes to climb on things (we need some good sturdy trees)
She like to build things
She likes stuffed animals
She keeps her room clean and is a bit of a perfectionist
She is a good kid that does what we ask without too much grief... for the record I have enjoyed her 6 year old year more then any other year with her... I absolutely adore her
4 comments:
yay! i found the pratt family!! james told me a while ago that he gave you our address, but failed to mention you had one. i loved looking at your blog. and this last post, well....i'm a big fan of lucy too (even though i don't see her much) and i love that she has pink streaks...you are such a COOL mom christie! well, i'm glad i now know where to find you!
p.s. i gotta see this new house of yours!
I hope I am not one of those you feel you are babysitting
We love our Lucy! She rocks! It was so fun to read about all the 'facts' of her 6 years. What a great memory keepsake!
Ha! Babysitting! But it is fun sometimes, right? We get a lot of bribes at least.
Post a Comment