Tuesday, May 20, 2008

2nd time tonight!

I just spent a good half hour writing my thoughts down for this post and I left for a moment to attend to one of the kids and Adalie crawled up on the office chair... and well that is all I know. Post was gone! Man that ticked me off. Time is so valuable around here, I really sacrificed a clean kitchen to write what I did.... I will try to re-construct my thoughts. Today was Zach's b-day and he has been anticipating this day for a month. He wanted to have breakfast in bed, homemade pudding for an after school snack and Del Taco for dinner. He told me how to decorate his cake and exactly what kind of party he wanted to have down to every detail... Remember the good old days when I was calling the shots. Distant memories!
It was fun to watch him open his presents and get so disappointed when he got a pair of (much needed) shoes and shorts... he was trying to guess which package had the present (Ben 10 omnitrix watch) and we were only allowing him to open 2 before school. He was pretty bad a guessing because he got the 2 most boring presents and was pretty disappointed. Why did I find such humor in his misery? I told Darren last night that we had to make sure that we didn't make him conform to the rules on this one day out of the year. As I spoke with him tonight he told me it was very hard to do... let him live in the squall er in his room. Let him make messes and not make him clean it up. Good thing it is only 24 hours long huh?

He said he had a good day so that made me happy. I have to write something funny that Taylor said on Sunday, a little history. If you read the last entry you remember that Adalie cut her hair, well on Sunday she did it again only I didn't notice until we were at mom's and having dinner. She came over to me and as I was looking at his disheveled ponytail on the top of her head I noticed her hair was not connected! I let out a scream which stopped any and all conversation around the dinner table and got real mad at her for cutting her hair again.. (why don't' they listen!) well needless to say she went into melt down and Taylor came over to comfort her. she got all cute in her face and put her arm around her and told her..."you can come to my house addie, my mom is nice" We all had a nice laugh.... esp mean old mom!

Now the hair thing is out of control. I can't even comb over a long piece to hide the cuts, I am half tempted to shave it off and start from scratch.

This week is Averie's last week of pre-school. As stupid as this sounds I am so excited for the kids to be home. Just think of the gas we will save not having to run them to 20 min to school everyday. Poor Darren has to deal with them all day though and I know from past experience that this will be very very hard for him. I am going to try to schedule daily things for them to do with at least one time of the day where they get out of the house and get some structure. Like most things I am sure this is only a good intention gone bad... look at me forecasting the future, I just know myself too well.

On a last note, I miss Tara (my assistant) She is in Peru on a service mission with husband, working in an orphanage. While I love her heart and passion, I miss her heart and passion doing payroll at work. I had to do just a few things in payroll (not even a third of what she does each week) and that compounded the already busy day I had, so when she moves I know what I am up against! (unless my plan of keeping her remotely works out) What a baby I have turned into.. honestly!

Well I am signing off for now. I love reading the blogs (thanks Allison for the updates!)

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I cant believe Addie cut her hair again- what a funny girl! I love how Taylor comforted Addie! Thats just precious. So what kinda cake did Zach want? Pictures!