I have to admit it was a very good birthday. With no expectations (learned my lesson early on) I was blown away with kindness and love and great family! I hope I will always remember this birthday, but just in case I forget, this is how it went down. I got home from work on Friday and Mom had cleaned my house which was wonderful except she is in huge trouble (or I am... I can't remember). then as if that wasn't enough Mom and Dad babysat for Big D and I on Friday night while we went to the movie "Get Smart" It was very funny (best part was watching Big D laugh until he cried). Then on Sat morning I got to sleep in. The best part of sleeping in is waking up and realizing that you can go back to sleep, then if you do that 3 times you almost feel like you slept in 3 times. When I finally got up all I could do was smile. The kids showered me with hugs and kisses and nice things. Zach wrote me a poem that said "roses are red, violets are blue flowers die when you're not there" I thought it was very original. He also made me a magic wand that had a label that said "remove before use". Lucy made me an enclosed star that was stapled all around except the bottom where she had stuck little pieces of paper that said nice things about me like "you are great" and "you are the best mom" and "I love you". Averie wrote her name and my name on a picture she drew of the two of us holding hands and told me she wrote her name in the "best writing I could". Adalie hugged me more then usual and JD was just happy because I was. The only thing I did ask of Big D was to smile all day so in a very patronizing way every time I looked at him he cheesed it up. I did actually appreciate the effort and even thought it was hard for him it made me smile all day long. He also had made me a platter of fruit which I loved. The kids helped me eat it and they loved it too. He left to help move a couple of things for Mom and Dad while I was at home with the kids. One of the great things of the day was the kids would be whining or being typical and one would remind the other to "stop whining" or "do what mommy says" because it was my birthday. Loved it!
I did have to make a quick trip to Walmart that ended up being not so quick but I was with the three girls and it was fun to listen to them go on about girly things. Adalie got out of control and had a few meltdowns in the store which added to the stress of getting out of there but once we did and got home it was worth it because the entire trip was for a baby floaty so I could put JD in the kiddie pool and I could then supervise sitting down instead of the back breaking holding on to both hands as he walks around the pool for hours. Because it was so late at that point we didn't "swim" that long but it was fun still. Darren went and got the kids taco's so I wouldn't have to cook (also a bonus on the b-day) then Mom and Dad showed up with a home-made carrot cake which was delicious! The kids went to bed early and that was also nice. Next day I had a lot of good but the best is when we got to Mom's and she had made everything I told her was my favorite. Corn on the cob, home-made rolls, grilled turkey and chicken, twice baked potatoes, zucchini (fresh from Jeremy's garden) and of course my favorite home-made ice cream with the crumbly stuff (not sure what to call it) and home-made hot fudge. It does not get any better then that! I was spoiled and honestly had a great time. I had a lot of my favorite people call and text (you know who you are!) and even long lost brothers that don't typically remember did call). I was feeling bad that Kim didn't call but as I complained about it a couple of days later Big D mentioned that she did leave a message... I still haven't gotten it but thanks for the call Kim! I really have the best family ever! Thanks to all of you for being in my life and for your love and generosity with your time and your support!
Here are a few pic from the fun celebration
Traditional family pic around the cake (or in this case the ice cream)

Enjoying the cupcakes Kristy made thanks girl!

This is the exact look I got each time I looked at him (I call it the smiling present, I think I will request it each year)

The woman that made it all possible and gave me the best present ever... her! Love you mom! Thanks for everything and sorry for the pic. You hate it I hate it but it is for the memory!
One last thing... this is a long post! Averie was saying the blessing over the food the other night and pretty much said "please bless our family if they travel to be safe, like if Kimmie comes to our house sometime to borrow some potatoes, bless them to not drive too fast so they won't get a ticket and also not to run out of gas so that they won't have to push the car and make everyone mad and the baby cry and bless them to be safe" She said a few other things that were pretty sweet and then after she finished up Zach and Lucy were attacking her for the "story she told" while praying. Every prayer since they beg me to say the prayer so that Averie wont get a turn (they don't like the length of the prayers). Personally I love her prayers and wish I could remember each one of them.
Oh and so I don't forget one last thing, we had family night on the swing set last night. All 7 of us climbed up and sat up there and did the whole shabang! It was very fun and I recommend it to anyone
7 comments:
Happy Birthday! I am glad you got to spend it the way you wanted to and that it turned out great.
I'm soooo glad you had a wonderful birthday you truly deserve it! I like the 'smiling present' idea, I'll have to try it! I love the pictures, and great idea for FHE! Whats up with calling it Family Night? Where do you live again? ha!
Sounds like you had a good birthday, I am glad! Your kids are adorable. I love how they made you gifts.
Oh sis-you seem to have picked up moms gift of guilt giving. I do have a gift for you but I need your address, which I mentioned in the message I left that you havent heard.
So I am a bit/really jealous that you have mom around for birthdays-I am totally missing out! I am glad it was a special day/weekend for you, and that your kids and Darren and mom & dad took such good care of you!
What a sweet and thoughtful girl that Averie is-the next time we visit and need some potatoes I'll give her the credit for our safe arrival.
Happy Belated b-day sis.
dang it! i kept saying to myself, "remember to call christy on her birthday" and yet i forgot! i'm glad you had a good one. and i must say i am very impressed with darren's smiling! maybe i should try that one on his little mini me sometime!
I love the picture of you! Thanks for writing--it will serve as my memory too when I forget what happened. Sure miss you
Happy Birthday. You deserved a good day. I am glad you got it.
Post a Comment