Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quick weekly

We had such a fun weekend I thought I would write a little something before I hit the sack. Friday night Mom, Dad and Big D and I went out to the movie Mama Mia. Mom and I have seen the play a couple of times together so we thought it would be fun to see what Hollywood could do with it. We did enjoy it (I do love the music). I can't speak for Dad and Big D because they both had a look of boredom most of the time. All in all I have to say they did a good job and it was fun to be out with the folks again. I think it has been about 2 years. Babysitters are expensive and really not that great as I have discovered. Remember the good old days, you could get a girl for about a buck an hour and when you got home the kids would be asleep and your house would be tidy and they would be grateful for the money and everyone was happy... ok so that was about 23 years ago but still... anyway I will have to keep the date close to my heart because I don't think I can afford to go out for about 2 more years!

Saturday Mom and Dad moved... FINALLY! I am so happy to have them 10 minutes closer and I am also very happy to see this long time dream in the making finally come to the end. I love their new house and I love to see them in it. Big D went and helped them move in the morning along with Reed and Jer and Justyn and Brendan and then later that evening I went over to help them but really only got the bed made... what is up with all the ironing mom? J/K I was happy to help and wish I could have done more. We had quite the wind/dust storm blow by as I was leaving and it made me sad to watch all the windows that mom had so carefully washed for HOURS with the light sprinkle of rain and then the dust that coated them.... what a waste!

Just a heads up to all the family reading, You all know how Mom gets about cleanliness etc... well this new move to the new house has already amplified her neatness to about 100 times more... anyway I think it would really be a good idea if no one was to visit the new house until she has grass and has enjoyed the "clean & new" feeling for about a month. I have formulated a plan so we can still enjoy their presence without wrecking the new house so we will rotate sunday dinners at our houses until we get together for the first time around mom's b-day. Anyway she won't say it but I know that that would really be the best solution. I love my kids and I love your kids but let's be honest they can do a number on a house in no time flat so I think it very important that we respect the distance for a time. I am now officially done with that lecture

After the big move, we tried to go see the big fireworks on Sat night but after the long drive late at night and the waiting around, the weather was bad enough that they didn't hold them. So the kids were disappointed but it was fun to watch the kids while we waited. I had made dinner late for Mom and Dad and they didn't get to eat until after 10pm while waiting for the fireworks! So we sat in the van and they ate and we chatted. Overall it was a good time.

Today my friend Q was nice enough to take our family pic's. We haven't had a family pic since since Ad's was a baby so we are very happy to have such nice friends with a nice camera to help us out. I am very excited to see how they turn out, I will put some on once I get them. I was however able to get a few shots of the girls before we left, just to remember the pain and anguish of doing all the hair... Averie took the longest amount of time... she has so much hair it is scary And Adalie (she got another hair cut this weekend by Averie... another story but i am still so mad that I can't tell it yet) we put a big bow in the front top to cover the short cut!
And then Lucy... I have to pay her money just to let me put a bow in her hair... she pulls such attitude with girly things! She hates having the pic taken and won't smile for any amount of bribe or punishment! I caught this pic as she was running away from me but I got a little smile at least!

Girls are fun except on days that you have to do the hair... the struggles of making them cute!


One last thing, on Saturday Big D dropped his cheap sunglasses and the lenses came right out. He looks so funny with them on (with the lenses), I made him put them on without just for kicks. The kids laughed so hard, it was pretty amusing, but they all wanted a try after him so here are the pics from that moment

This one is my favorite!
See what I mean about FUNNY!
He got such a kick when everyone would laugh at him that he didn't want us to take them off!
It was a goal to see who could be the Nerdiest
She didn't make the top pick for best nerd.. she was just too cute
Don't you love how she poses for each and every picture? That is my lovable little Drama Queen!

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Cute pictures! Tell Darren I loved his new look--it made me laugh--1st one today. Don't downplay all the help you gave me on the house. You didn't just make a bed, you made a bedroom and made the evening bearable in all that mess and disorder. Thank you so much. And, as far as anyone coming, you know we don't want to get too lonely in that house!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I love the pictures with the glass frames.

My sister in law, Molly, saved me from having to go see Mama Mia with Sarah, though I would have gone. Way to take one for the team, Darren. For some reason when I hear ABBA, I want to jam a pencil in my ear! Seriously, I would almost rather die than listen to them...shiver. I need to publicly thank Molly. I swear listening to ABBA will make a man gay.

Christie said...

Q... you little dancing queen you!

Kimmy said...

Man alive we miss you guys. Hoe freaking cute your kids are. Seriously! I am jealous you guys get to hang with mom and dad! So when you gonna come pay us a visit?