Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Reputation

So let me set the stage. Tuesday evening around8:30pm Darren is at work,dinner has been over for about 45 minutes (big mess of dishes still around the sink) kids have been bathed and most of them dressed. JD had a bit of diaper rash so he was air drying! I have on one of big D's BIG t-shirts and white trash cut off black sweat pants... don't judge me, it is the most comfortable pair! I have at least 3 clips and misc hair bows in my hair as I usually spend the day picking them up and sticking them in my hair as to put them away when I pass by the right bathroom (this actually is important to know what I looked like at this moment) The house is in shambles due to well... life! and kids were told that they could watch 30 min of cartoon network while I found the mystery stench of death in the pantry... found it... BAD potatoes (smelled up the entire house) started to clean that up and took out the garbage and noticed that if I moved a few things around I could possibly move the car in tonight (got excited over the idea so started to clean briefly (not too long right JD was still commando in the living room) so the bishop and his wife... (we have only been in the ward for a couple of months now) drive past I look up embarrassed and wave and then (I remember it in slow motion) I realize the unthinkable is happening as there minivan slows to a stop and they park in front of my house. I have to laugh or I might breakdown in tears. In my head I am screaming (again in slow motion) NOOOOOOOO! So the Bishop gets out and opens the door for his wife while he is telling me they are getting around to bringing me the brownies that they promised. My brain is scrambling at this point... what do I do? Well decision was made for me as we are all walking up the porch to go in THE HOUSE. we stumbled over a hanger, a wet towel, the vacuum cleaner and oh yeah a NAKED BABY... I try to explain as I scoop him up and run him to get a diaper. The closer i (we) get to the kitchen the frightening potato smell hits you like a ton of bricks. The older kids hardly looked up from the TV show that was blaring and as much as I am sure that they tried not to have the "OH MY *!@$*" stare... they had it.


They sat down and started to chat and I noticed that they kept looking up at my head.. OH YEAH my hand went up there... that's right I looked as if I had just stepped out of chucky's bride II. What do you say... I really just laughed it off but got the feeling that it was past funny and possibly borderline insain to them! I think I am now what they consider a "project" in the ward... well I could go on but I am more embarrassed then I think I have been... EVER! So as a disclaimer I want anyone that reads this to know that I do not live in squaller, I don't usually dress like I am from the trailer park and I most certainly cannot remember a time that I have walked even a step outside while my 1 year old was naked... so that was just a really really REALLY bad night!
I told Mom (I had to call someone to report the disaster) that only one good thing will come out of this visit, I don't believe that the Bishop will ever be inspired to give me a calling that takes any amount of time (at all) to accomplish. In fact, they did say plenty of times in the conversation "you sure have your hands full" YOU THINK?

On another and much more pleasant note. This past week was very very fun. I was able to take the day off on Friday. We had cousins Jenna and Nicole over the night before for a sleepover so we didn't' get a ton of sleep... I got up on Friday regular time and didn't tell Big D that I was taking the day off. I had a few errands to run so I thought I would just play it off and come home "early" win win! Anyway I started my day off at Ross department store. I had 3 bags of gifts to return! (you all know why) well anyway one item in particular was really fun returning because the CS checker couldn't scan the tag. The tag did say Ross but she said it didn't look familiar so she got the manager over and he explained to her and I that the reason it was unfamiliar and why we couldn't scan it was because the item of clothing was purchased in 1995. NO FREAKING KIDDING. 1995! So I think the original purchase was made and this particular item got lost in someones garage! It was actually gifted to us a couple of weeks ago. Anyway I got a buck for it so I was happy :)

Lucy lost two of her teeth this week. She is so determined! She is the kind of kid that will have a tooth that is just a bit loose and she will do anything to get it out. The second tooth wasn't exactly ready, as the root was still completely attached and slimy (a little gum tissue came out with that one) but she was happy and satisfied
Here is a pic of her showing off the root.


Here are a few more pics of the fun swim fest with the cousins


After they were exhausted in the pool... oh wait that was me, Averie and Nicole went inside and turned on Mama Mia dancing queen as loud as they could and came out sporting dancing outfits with a few theatrical elements added.
It was a crack up so I will try to add a video, anyway here are some pics

Saturday we went to Justyn's Eagle project that was a benefit fair for a little girl they knew, anyway Big D helped flip burgers (I was there for moral support... I think) but it was a nightmare, If you know me you would know I do not like any type of thing held at a park (with the exception of the occasional family get together) town carnivals, benefits, concerts etc... I will not be showing up. Kids had a blast. Cotton candy, snow cones, pop and hamburgers these are a few of the things they were enjoying. My "stretch Capri's" were a little too big so they kept trying to fall off and almost did a couple of times so by the end I was so ready to get out of there I got quite pissy (that is not a word huh?). I told Lucy she had to grab JD because I knew without a doubt that if I had to bend over one more time I was going to be the 3:00 show (not scheduled entertainment) so she helped and we started toward the car with one last stop to say goodbye and good luck to Big D (still flipping burgers) and as we did JD decided to knock down 5 dozen cookies in one swift movement, so I grabbed him shoved him to Lucy and started to pick up the cookies from the grass as people were looking on from the front... people passing by the back got the better show of the half moon. Anyway I don't know why I write it down to remember because that was an experience I want to forget. I think it is late and I am delirious so I will retire for now

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

hahahahahaha! Oh geez!I can totally imagine and it does sound like a nightmare. So sorry sis. Could they have picked a worse time?
Can you email me your address so i can get some stuff sent to you?
Cute pictures- I like the new ones on the side bar! How did the new family ones turn out?

me and him said...

thank you so much for the laugh! i have to tell you, that whole 'someone showing up when your completely unprepared' sucks! and unfortunatly has been the only time people visit me! (fyi...give me a heads up if your stoppin in!) and i came close to peeing my pants with the 1995 clothing item! i can't begin to explain how good it feels to know i'm not alone! i believe we now have a designated ross return day just about every month. i'm assuming yours may be more frequent! the pool party looked like so much fun too... next time you get home "early" come play with us!! we're fun, i promise! have a good holiday weekend!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I laughed my butt off! If they only knew how you dressed to work in the yard!

Allison said...

I have to say I admire how you just laughed it off. That is so funny, thanks for sharing. Good stuff! This is Travis by the way